The Petzi Treat Cam sets up easily and quickly in most cases. If yours does not, it usually due to a WiFi router setting or a networking issue. Here are the top ones to look for:
- Distance - Setup your Petzi in the same room as your WiFi router. You can move it after setup.
- WiFi Mode - The Petzi WiFi chip supports b/g/n, not a/c.
- WiFi Security - Petzi requires WPA2-AES security. Mixed modes (WPA/WPA2 and TKIP-AES) are supported.
- Ensure Treat Cam is in Setup Mode - The Treat Cam flashes one per second when it is in setup mode. You should see Petzi_XXXX in your WiFi list. If not, reset your Petzi. (See FAQ on doing a WiFi reset.)
- Older WiFi routers - If your router is 5 years or older, it may not support some features that Petzi (and other IoT devices) require for setup.
If it is none of these, please run a Diagnostic from the "Help Center" selection on the App menu.
The Petzi Customer Support team is here to help you through any or all of the issues above. Email us at email@example.com. We can schedule a phone follow-up if needed.